How to obtain a temporary Vietnam resident card

***Effective from 29 January 2002 according to the regulation promulgated by Government- No.04/2002/TTLT-BCA-BNG, decreed no.21/2001/ND-CP, foreigners who meet a certain conditions are able to get a Vietnamese resident card.
Foreigners may carry out procedures with immigration management agencies via agencies, organizations and individuals that invite and guarantee them. After obtaining a temporary residence card, an expat must conduct activities for the purposes and programs for which he/she has applied for the card. In case he/she terminates the labor contract with his agency or enterprise while his/her visa and temporary residence card is still valid, his/her agency or enterprise has to work with immigration management agencies to return his temporary residence card and cancel his visa.

  1. Who is eligible to get a temporary resident card?

    + Expats who are working for licensed investment projects.
    + An expat who is a specialist or student who is working for or participating in a national program between the Ministries or Agencies according to the Government’s approval;
    + Expats who are working for Vietnamese enterprises.
    + Expats on payrolls of representative offices or branches of economic, cultural or other professional organizations of foreign countries; and Vietnam-based non-governmental organizations.
    +Expats who work as representative missions and their accompanying relatives and servants.
    +Expats who are working with the Supreme People’s Procuracy, Supreme People’s Court, ministries, ministerial-level agencies, government-attached agencies, provincial-level People’s Committees, and central bodies of mass organizations.
    +Members of overseas representative missions and their accompanying relatives and servants.
    + Foreigners who are granted Visa with the symbol LV1, LV2, ĐT, NN1, NN2, DH, PV1, LĐ, TT shall be granted temporary residence cards with similar symbols with the symbols in their visas

  2. What are the documents needed?

    + A written request from the company/ organizations who invite you to work for.
    + A declaration bearing a picture
    + Original passport
    + Working permit
    + Business registration certificate (both private who own a company/enterprise or Business registration from a company which the applicant is working for).
    + Marriage certificate (Family members)
    + Birth certificate (Family members)
    + House-hold registration book (Family members)

  3. How to apply?

    If you are confusing which documents is needed to be suitable with your own case, or you want to submit required documents you have had, feel free to contact us for getting advice at: [email protected]

  4. Processing time

    5-7 working days since the date you submit documents

If you need any further information, please feel free to contact us, we will support you 24/7.
Have a nice day!

About Jessica Tran