10 nationalities are exempted from Vietnam Visa (bilateral convention)
- 30 day-Visa exemption: citizens come from Cambodia, Indonesia, Laos, Malaysia, Thailand, Singapore, Kyrgyzstan
- 21 day-Visa exemption: Philippines
- 14 day-free-Visa: Brunei, Myanmar
Citizens from 13 countries below are able to enter Vietnam without Visa (unilateral agreement)
***Condition: stay less than 15 days, a gap at least 30 days between 2 free-visa is required as well as passport’s validity is more than 6 months.
Belarus, Denmark, Finland, France, Germany, Italy, Japan, South Korea, Norway, Russia, Spain, Sweden, United Kingdom.
Phu Quoc island: Almost travelers world-wide (except 19 nationalities need to double check*) can enter Phu Quoc island without Vietnam Visa and stay here up to 30 days (it is compulsory to enter by airplane if travelers want to get enter without Visa).
19 nationalities need to double check before arriving Phu Quoc island without Visa: Nigeria, Cameroon, Congo, Turkey, Mozambique, Ghana, Sierra Leon, Iran, Pakistan, Bangladesh, Afghanistan, Syria, Senegal, Mali, Guinea, Libya, Liberia, Iraq, Yemen.
Transit it is accepted to transit through Vietnam by air and stay over-night in the transit hall less than 24 hours.
It is easily to obtain Vietnam Visa
There are 2 ways to apply Vietnam Visa
+ Apply at Embassy (traditional way): you have to go to Vietnam Embassy in person, submit many required documents which is based on each purpose, the Visa fee is also different applied each case as well as each country. The procedure is around 5 working days or over if it is listed as special circumstance.
+ Electronic Visa (it is advised to use): apply via an agency, this is the easiest way to obtain Vietnam Visa without submitting any documents from your home town. Visa on arrival is applied only for travelling by air to Vietnam.
–> How to apply Vietnam Visa online (Business &Tourist purpose): apply here by following these steps and notices
- Go online: https://www.vietnam-visaonline.org/
- Submit application form online or filling information directly and finish application online.
- Get Vietnam Visa sticker on your passport upon arrival.(International airports: Danang, Hanoi, Ho Chi Minh, Cam Ranh)
- Your name exactly as per passport: it is your full name on your passport, name order is not important, so you can place either surname first or first name first.
- Your date of birth: in Vietnam, the date format will be DD/MM/YY
- Your nationality or passport: the passport you are using to enter Vietnam (should be valid for 6 months at least from the date of arrival).
- Your passport number: exactly as shown on your passport and should be valid for 6 months at least from the date of arrival.
- Date of arrival: applicants must fill exactly Date of Arrival. You can just enter Vietnam later but not earlier than the approved date.